Are you thinking about installing solar panels for your home? You might be thinking about future energy savings and doing something positive for the environment. Those are just some of the benefits of having a residential electrician in New Milford, CT install solar panels so that you can reap the benefits of the sunshine. Let’s consider all the reasons this could be a smart choice for you and your family.
- Reduce energy costs: Solar panels aren’t cheap to purchase or install, but the savings down the road are eye opening. The average customer may save up to $200 per month by using solar energy. It will take a couple of years, but your investment will pay off and you won’t have huge energy bills to deal with.
- Tax credit: Although the federal tax credit for solar panels has unfortunately expired, the state of Connecticut still offers generous incentives. You could qualify for sales and property tax exemptions, along with saving 30 percent off the system’s cost.
- Rest easy with energy reliability and security: You know that you have a source of energy that no one can take away or jack up the price on. You’re harnessing a completely renewable, freely available energy source: the sun. It’s also more reliable—batteries in your panels will collect and store energy so that even when it’s cloudy, you’ll have electricity available. Having an independent energy source is clearly a win.
- Go green: It’s time that we all cut down on our carbon footprint. The sad fact is that global warming caused by greenhouse gases is rapidly changing the planet. But by using solar power, you’re taking a step in the right direction. No need to burn harmful fossil fuels or use dangerous nuclear energy so that you can light your house.
- Low maintenance: Sure, the initial investment is pricy, but after that, you’re pretty much done. The panels don’t require much maintenance and will give you years of clean, affordable energy whenever you need it. Compare that to an HVAC system that needs to be checked and updated every year.
- Invest in your property: Here’s something you may not have considered: your home could be worth more with the addition of solar panels. One study found that buyers were willing to pay an average of $15,000 more for homes with solar panels installed. This is another example of a situation where you could easily recoup that initial investment.
At ESI Electric LLC, our professional technicians will make sure that your solar panel installation is done right the first time. We’re experienced in this field and know the ins and outs of this complex process. Our goal is to make every customer happy while helping you slash your household energy costs. We’re a member of multiple industry associations, so we keep up on the latest in the field, and we’re here to help you with all your electrical needs, from retrofitting to electrical upgrades.
We’re the trusted choice when you need a residential electrician in New Milford, CT. Contact us today for a free consultation and to learn more about our services.
Categorised in: Residential Electrician